Today and every day, the health and safety of Lenbrook’s community is our first priority.
As VP of Lenbrook’s Health Services and member of our COVID-19 Task Force, I would like to take this opportunity to share with you what steps we are taking together as we face today’s healthcare crisis. Only when we work together as one team – residents, family members, associates, vendors partners and management team – are we able to help prevent and mitigate the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
We know that, if infected by COVID-19, Lenbrook’s population aged 60+ and people who have serious medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and lung disease are likely at higher risk to develop life-threatening illnesses. That’s why it is so important that we work together to maintain a safe and comfortable environment at Lenbrook.
We are prepared:
As part of Lenbrook’s overarching Emergency Plan, there has always been an Infectious Control Plan in place, and our response to COVID-19 is built on this and the directives our Task Force receives from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and WHO (World Health Organization). We are in very close communication with all vital government and industry agencies and follow all up-to-the-moment directives pertaining to prevention and mitigation within our community.
Lenbrook is and will continue to be a safe place for seniors to live. It’s part of our job to watch over our residents and the overall wellbeing of our community. We do this each and every day.
Prevention and Mitigation:
Lenbrook has enacted aggressive visitor restrictions and sick leave policies for our associates and outside service providers, and we have put many other preventative measures in place, including:
* Ongoing, up-to-date communications with our residents and associates on the LenbrookAlerts.org website.
* All visitors are restricted from Lenbrook.
* All non-essential staff has been asked to work from home.
* We are screening EVERYBODY who enters the community.
* We screen all essential staff on health care and assisted living.
* We encourage social distancing.
* We have cancelled all large group activities and excursions.
* As noted by CDC, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid – no visitors are allowed on Health Care Floors and Assisted Living.
At the center of Lenbrook’s mission is our ongoing commitment, already for more than 36 years, to provide a safe, healthy and engaging environment for our residents and staff. If you have questions, please email them to [email protected]. I am honored to be part of the Lenbrook community, and together we make a great team as we face COVID-19!